<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14589364?origin\x3dhttp://piggies15-j.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 4 (Shen Zhen, Macau, Hong Kong)

Woke up at 6am and the breakfast is the same as yesterday’s, not very nice. Now I’m on the ferry going to Macau. Hope I can smuggle in the casino.


(me, mum and sis. directly behind is the couple who is in my tour too!)


In Macau now. My tour increase in number and now we have 50+ people. Split into 2 buses. The tour guide told us that the VIP gamblers sit in this limousine called Meiya and when we buy stuff, make sure we get back Hong Kong currency as the Macau currency can only be used in Macau and cannot be changed anywhere. My tour guide is a professional international tour guide born in Paris. He speaks 7 languages and as we sign up for the international tour, he speaks English during the tour! Whee! Imagine getting a English tour in China.

Went to the temple first but my sis and I didn’t went in as there were far too many people. We helped my parents looked after their stuff. Before they went into the temple, we bought Lynnette’s and Yen Ju’s favourite. Haha. EGG TART! A round of applause for the egg tart! It’s nice! Now on my way to see the boundary of China and Macau. OMG! On the way, I saw this couple quarrel. The girl threw the motorcycle key away and walked away after that! Cool! 真有性格! The guy went to find the keys and walked away. Whao. Never see this kind of drama in real life. Haha.

Okay. Macau has 31 Casinos and Stanley Ho owns most of them and now they are still building more. Reached the place and saw that Macau is really very near to China. Very very near! They are as near as Singapore to Malaysia or maybe even nearer! OMG! The people in Macau can practically shout from their houses across to their friend in China. Took photo of me ½ in Macau and ½ in China. Haha. Oh, Singaporeans are the only people who don’t need visa to go to China! Don’t know how Mr Lee Kuan Yew do it but he did it! 3 cheers! Whee!

(the buildings behind me is China and the railings is part of China property too! so I'm 1/2 in Macau and 1/2 in China!)


The tour guide told us that the Chinese in Macau do not like the Portuguese in Macau because they sort of like “cheated” their money because all of the structures built by the Portuguese in Macau are very expensive. So the Chinese think that they are giving millions of money to the Portuguese. Oh the tour guide also mentions that buses to the Casino are free and it comes every 5 mins. There are also many different type of free transfers to the Casino. He also said that on the bus to the Casino, it’s full of dream, smiles and laughter! But on the way back, it’s all quiet expect for the curse and swear they make. LOL!

Now going to 4 star Holiday Inn for buffet lunch! Whee! Finally something different. Lunch was okay but dessert was great! A lot of pretty and nice desserts! Had lots of them and now I think I gain lot of weight. Haha. But I’m sure my Yaowei will still want me! LOL! Okay. Next, went to St Paul Church and bought lots of almond cookies there. Whee!

And next went to the place where all the gamblers go “WOW”, the CASINO! Went to the casino opened by Jackey Chan. (Jackey Chan has lots of different business.) The amazing thing is that I’m legal to go in! Haha. But I didn’t know. When I went in, nobody stopped me so I continue to proceed to the 2nd floor. When people want to go to higher level, they must pass by this barrier and I didn’t know and I was stopped by the security guard. I thought he want to stop me and ask for my IC by then what he said was: Give me your bag. (if I pass the barrier with my bag, it will sound the alarm if there are metallic things inside). When he stopped me, it scare a hell out of me but haha, false alarm! Took a look at the Casino but didn’t play. Hope to go to the Venetian someday.

(Took this photo outside the Casino. Don't the guard look cool?)


Casino marks the end of my Macau trip. Took a ferry back to Hong Kong. (P.S. VERY TIRING!) Checked in to my hotel which I stayed previously and went to “pao ma di’ to go my uncle’s house. Took train, then MTR and lastly tram to reach there. (We got cheated by the MTR but never mind, learnt our lesson.) Uncle’s house is really puny. His house is around ½ of mine when mine is already so small. And his house stay 6 people! My granduncle stays in the room at the kitchen. OMG! Oh and I received HONGPAO! Uncle gave us S$100, granduncle gave us HK$500, and I received 3 HK$100 from my aunties. I’m going to change all to S$ and I will get hong pao worth S$260! Whee! Uncle and aunty brought us to "pao ma di ma chang". Went in and it is HUGE! Really huge! After that went to eat “wantan mee”. I like the wantan, don’t like the mee. Lol! After that is hotel sweet hotel. Super tired. Uncle is bringing us out tomorrow!



(Can you see how huge it is? And this is only part of it!)


Yaowei never message me that often already. Sad. But I’m going home soon! Whee! I miss Singapore!




8:09 PM


~^me^~

shurong
gemini
31/05/1990

tagboard

links

Yaowei! vanessa joleena clarene 4 Saint Bernadette bernadette cheyenne jiawei jiun chyi jasmine eugene aishah yuanxiang sister[bao] aloysius

Credits

HaRu | Blogskins
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com